The Dauphin Island Sea Lab’s mission is to pursue excellence in marine science education, research, coastal zone management policy and public engagement
Uniquely positioned on Dauphin Island, DISL offers researchers and students resources and close proximity for immediate research application.
- Diving reciprocity for AAUS-compliant MESC faculty and graduate students
- Access to visitng scientist lab space
- In-house vessels and small boat user fees
- Access to state-of-the-art running seawater facility
- Access to DISL Data Management Center
- Facilitated collaboration across 22 MESC institutions
Continuing Education Opportunities
Widely recognized DISL University Programs offers continued hands-on learning during three summer sessions.
- Graduate student teaching assistantship opportunities
- Fellowship opportunities for resident students
- MESC-member faculty teaching opportunities