Title: General Electrician Maintenance
Date Posted: January 17, 2020
Deadline: February 20, 2020
We are looking for an experienced Electrician to undertake a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining electrical infrastructure. The job will involve installing electrical wiring in buildings and poles, troubleshooting malfunctions and blackouts and repairing appliances. Due to the high amount of risk pertaining to this job, electricians must be first and foremost responsible individuals with great attention to safety precautions.
The ideal candidate must also be experienced in different kinds of electrical devices and systems. The goal will be to produce and maintain well-functioning electrical connections to minimize the probability of accidents and maximize the usability of electricity in all facilities.
Non-Exempt Position- Hourly
Essential job duties are, but not limited to:
• Execute plans of electrical wiring for well-functioning lighting, intercom, and other electrical systems
• Install electrical apparatus, fixtures, and equipment for alarm and other systems
• Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels, etc.)
• Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
• Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring through them
• Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits, etc.
• Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units
• Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues
• Proven experience as an electrician
• Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
• Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter, etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints
• Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
• Excellent physical condition and flexibility to work long shifts, as needed for the task
• Diploma in relevant vocational training or successfully completed an apprenticeship as an electrician
• Valid license to practice profession preferred, highly recommended