(March 26, 2020) --
The Dauphin Island Sea Lab team is working to bring digital learning opportunities to all ages during this time of social distancing. Facebook Lives and Zoom Learning sessions bring all areas of the ocean and coastal environment to your living room.
Our Facebook Live events include segments with our Aquarists, Marine Educators, and Scientists. All will begin at 10 a.m. CST with a chance for you to get your questions answered on the topic being discussed. Each event will be downloaded and archived on the Dauphin Island Sea Lab YouTube channel. You can also find these events on our website at disl.org/about/digital-learning-with-disl.
Discovery Hall Programs is also creating an online classroom with the help of Zoom. Two Zoom Learning Experiences are planned. On Friday, March 27, investigate the funky world of fishes with a real-time dissection. Viewer discretion is advised. Then on Friday, April 3, uncover the secrets of Alabama's most caught shark, the sand shark. Anyone interested in participating in the online classroom can find the link to sign up on the event page at disl.edu/events.
The DISL Team is working ahead on more digital learning experiences. We'll post updates on our website disl.edu.
List of Upcoming Digital Learning Opportunities:
- Friday, March 27, 10 a.m. CST - Ask the Aquarist - Octopus
- Friday, March 27, 1 p.m. CST - Zoom Learning with DHP - Funky Fishes! Click here to sign up to participate. Investigate the funky world of fishes with a real-time dissection.
- Monday, March 30, 10 a.m. CST - Ask the Aquarist - Lionfish
- Tuesday, March 31, 10 a.m. CST - Ask the Scientist- What's in a Fish Stomach?
- Wednesday, April 1, 10 a.m. CST - Ask the Aquarist- Corals
- Thursday, April 2, 10 a.m. CST - Ask the Educator- Marine Debris Mania
- Friday, April 3, 10 a.m. CST - Ask the Scientist - How Old is that Fish?
- Friday, April 3, 1 p.m. CST - Zoom Learning with DHP - Gotta Sand Shark? Click here to sign up to participate. Uncover the secrets of Alabama's most caught shark.