(April 30, 2019) --
The Marine Environmental Sciences Consortium, dba Dauphin Island Sea Lab, is seeking to procure qualified professionals or firms to perform Submerged Aquatic Vegetation (SAV) mapping of the extent and distribution of SAV in Coastal Alabama, including Mobile Bay, Perdido Bay, Grand Bay, Mississippi Sound, and the Mobile/Tensaw River Delta.
Overview of Services Required:
1. Project planning and management of aerial imagery acquisition
2. Acquisition of aerial imagery at least 1:15,000 feet (rendering a native pixel resolution of 1 meter) collected between June 15 and August 30
3. Orthorectification of images
4. Development of SAV polygonal data
5. Work with Dauphin Island Sea Lab to inform field survey for ground-truthing efforts
6. Project documentation and metadata creation in ISO 1900 format Interested parties should respond with a letter of interest, statements of qualification, examples of similar work performed, experience and any other relevant information.
Submit one hard copy and one electronic copy to the address below:
MESC/Dauphin Island Sea Lab
101 Bienville Blvd.
Dauphin Island, AL 36528
Proposals should be received no later than 2 p.m. CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2019.